Teeleipä are a form of Finnish teacake (or 'teabread' as a literal translation) that is quick and easy to make. They are savoury and can be eaten as bread. In the gluten free version, carrot keeps the bread together and makes it moist.
- 200ml gluten-free white bread flour
- 200ml oats
- 150ml grated carrot
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 - 1tsp salt
- 1 tsp xantham gum
- 200ml milk
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 225C (or 200C if fan assisted)
- Mix together all the dry ingredients and carrot
- Pour in the milk and mix together gently.
- Add the oil and mix.
- Spread out to a thickness of about 1 cm on a baking tray covered in baking paper. Score where you want to break it up later.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes, then eat!